Through My Eyes

the thoughts and musings of Justin Thorp; the 21 year old college student...son...brother...child of God...friend...boyfriend...and internet geek


Saturday, January 29, 2005

"I see dead people..."

My church's men's ministry just started a book study of the "Waking the Dead" by John Eldredge. We had our first group meeting this morning at 730am. Now that is incredibly early but I was able to drag myself out of bed. I get up at 630 every other morning of the week.

I wasn't sure what to expect. There were about 35 guys there all a good 20-30 years older then me. We all sat around tables in the fellowship hall clutching our cups filled with lukewarm coffee. Pastor David Maier is leading the group.

Today was just kind of an brief introduction. We didn't get very much into the book. I have read the first dozen pages of the book. It looks really good.

It opens with the quote "The glory of God is man fully alive," St. Irenaneus. Too often as men we just walk around spritually dead. We desire to be fully engaged, to be fully alive, and vibrant but look in all of the wrong places.

It is the Holy Spirit that gives us life. john 10:10 - "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home