Through My Eyes

the thoughts and musings of Justin Thorp; the 21 year old college student...son...brother...child of God...friend...boyfriend...and internet geek


Monday, February 28, 2005

A Day of Meetings


Working Group Meeting Photo #1
Originally uploaded by thorpus.
All day I have been in meetings of the Education & Outreach Working Group for the W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative. It was really interesting. We are working on a couple of documents that I think are really going to help people. They will help to make the operation of "infusing" web accessibility into someone's enviroment or organization much easier.

For lunch today I sat with some colleagues and at the table across from me was Sir Tim Berners Lee. I was like WHAT! The inventor of the World Wide Web is 30 feet from me. That just...wow! He's like the man.

Dinner was also a great time. We took the subway to a seafood restraunt in downtown Boston. It was just fascinating to listen to everyone else and their stories. At the table we had one from France, the Netherlands, Denmark, Australia, and Spain.

I am so blessed. I am still not sure how I got invited to join this group but I thank the Lord I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home