Through My Eyes

the thoughts and musings of Justin Thorp; the 21 year old college student...son...brother...child of God...friend...boyfriend...and internet geek


Thursday, February 03, 2005

John Grisham, my favorite fictional author

Growing up I was never big on reading fiction. I always enjoyed watching TV or seeing a movie more then reading a book. In middle school and high school my english teachers decided to use a system for testing students on reading called, Accelerated Reader(AR). AR is a computerized based testing styem that tests the finer more minute details of a book. I did horrible on these tests, until I met John Grisham.

I picked up The Firm by John Grisham and couldn't put the book down. I was able to retain the content of the book amazingly well. The firm is an awesome book. I did really well on the Accelerated Reader test. When John Grisham writes I think that he uses a simpler voice. I just soaked the book up.

So for the last 6 years I have been a huge fans of John Grisham novels and have read just about everyone that has come out.

I am reading The Broker now and am really getting into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home