Through My Eyes

the thoughts and musings of Justin Thorp; the 21 year old college student...son...brother...child of God...friend...boyfriend...and internet geek


Saturday, March 05, 2005

"Where everybody knows your name..."


Justin In Front of Cheers Bar
Originally uploaded by thorpus.
This last week has been truely an amazing week. I am truely blessed. I got to take part in the World Wide Web Consortium's 5th Technical Plenary.

I met some of the coolest people. It seems like I didn't talk a whole lot but I did a lot of listening. I just wanted to be able to suck in as much of the knowledge and the wisdom from all the people that I was surrounded with.

I had 4 days of meetings from Monday through Thursday.

On Friday, Chuck Letourneau, a leading accessibility consultant in Canada, and I walked around Boston. After 4 days of doing work all day I think we both needed to air out our heads and doing something fun. We took a subway into Boston. We checked out a lot of the historical spots, we walked through Boston commons, beacon hill. We even stopped at the Cheers Bar, where we had lunch. After lunch we walked around MIT which was fun. I felt like my IQ jumped a few points just being on their campus. And to top the day off we took a water shuttle through the Boston Harbor from downtown Boston to our hotel. It was a sweet day.

I look back at this week and I am so thankful that I was blessed with the oppurtunity and that I decided to go. It was a once in a lifetime thing. I have gained so many new friends and learned so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home