Through My Eyes

the thoughts and musings of Justin Thorp; the 21 year old college student...son...brother...child of God...friend...boyfriend...and internet geek


Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Apple's Mac OS X Tiger is Coming April 29th

Apple announced today that Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) is going to be shipped on April 29th. This is very exciting. I have been reading about a lot of the exciting features that are going to be present in the new operating sytem. Dashboard and Spotlight are the two features that I am looking forward to the most.

Using Widgets in Dashboard, as a way to quickly get access to information, seems really awesome. Spotlight will let me search everything on my computer instantly. This seems like its been a long time coming. It will be the "google" of the computer search.

Tiger is going to be about $129 retail. With my Student discount, I will be able to get the os update for about $69. I will probably prepurchase the software sometime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home