Through My Eyes

the thoughts and musings of Justin Thorp; the 21 year old college student...son...brother...child of God...friend...boyfriend...and internet geek


Sunday, April 24, 2005

a movie weekend

After a week of long classes studying things such as, data definitioin language in sql, Gibbons v. Ogden, and Hierarchical Task Analysis, I took some time to relax and watch some movies this weekend. If you know me, you know how much I love watching movies. After a long day or week, I find them as an easy way of escaping.

I saw three really good movies this weekend.

I had rented the movies Final Cut and Oceans 12 through Blockbuster Online. Then last nite I watched the movie Phantom of the Opera. My friend Nam works at Blockbuster and they get to check movies out before they get released. Phantom gets released on DVD on Tuesday.

Final Cut was a great movie. It is starring Robin Williams and Jim Cavieziel (The guy who played Jesus in Passion of the Christ). It is another one of Robin Williams's darker films. Its during a time when people can get implants that record everything that they see. Then when you die, you can have the footage of what you have seen through out your life turned into a kind of highlight reel or a "rememory." Robin Williams plays one of the footage editors. He does very well in the movie. The movie goes to show why Robin is one of my favorite actors.

Oceans 12 was good. I had seen it in the theatres, twice actually. I slept through a portion of it in the theatre the first time i saw it. Its a good movie. I don't think the story is as good as the first one. It tries really hard to be a gotcha film but doesn't quite do as well as it needs to. I think its still worth a rent.

Phantom of the Opera was fantastic. I had heard so much about the musical and I had listened to the soundtrack enough times. I am sure the theatre version is a ton better. Hopefully I will be able to see it performed on stage sometime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home