Through My Eyes

the thoughts and musings of Justin Thorp; the 21 year old college student...son...brother...child of God...friend...boyfriend...and internet geek


Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Pope has beat us home

Today off and on, as I was doing my homework, I had Fox News on. Pretty much all day they were covering the death of Pope John Paul II. Being not Catholic, actully Lutheran, I don't have an appreciation for the office of the Pope. As a Lutheran, we believe that Jesus Christ is the head of the church.

Yet I still find all of this interesting and have done lots of reading online. Wikipedia has a really great background article on Pople John Paul II. From what I have read, he has done a lot of great things while being in the office of the Pope.

Apparently the ceremonies this week for the funeral and burying of the Pope are going to be pretty extravagant. It should be interesting to watch the news in the next week or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home