Through My Eyes

the thoughts and musings of Justin Thorp; the 21 year old college student...son...brother...child of God...friend...boyfriend...and internet geek


Sunday, May 01, 2005

an unproductive friday evening and saturday

Friday Night

The last probably day and half I really haven't accomplished anything. That means that tomorrow things are going to be pretty nuts with trying to get things done.

Friday night I hung out with my friends Lindsey, Dave, Alex, and Russell and we saw the movie Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Well Lindsey thought that there was going to be a bunch of people waiting in line to see the film so we got their a hour and a half early. Well there was no line. Lindsey, Alex and I ended up just sitting and hanging out for like an hour. Then Dave got their and we got some really awesome seats. Slowly the theater filled up.

After the movie Russell, Dave, Lindsey and I went to City Cafe. City Cafe is one of our local diners in Rochester. Once we got their we find out that it is actually a greek restraunt. We hung out their till about 2:30am. It was a good time.

Saturday

This morning I didn't get up till about 11:30am. It was pretty fantastic. After was able to get myself into a reasonable state of conciousness, I went to the book store and picked up a copy of Apple Mac OS 10.4 Tiger. I saw a few friends and a professor waiting in line to pick it up. After that I went to Wegmans and got groceries.

I came back and installed Tiger. It took about an hour. It is pretty awesome. I don't think its going to cure world hunger like Apple would like to make you think but it is pretty sweet. I think the features will definitely prove to be helpful. I am interested into possibly programming some Dashboard widgets.

The rest of the day my friend Derek and I just hung out and watched TV. There was spring fest this weekend on campus. The only problem was it was misting and kind of cold out all day. We walked around some of the stuff they had going on. Then we just came back to our apartment and hung out some more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Andy said...

What did you think of the movie? I thought that some parts would be a little confusing to people who didn't read the book so I'm interested to get your opinion. I loved it overall though.

Dashboard widgets look like they will be very easy to develop. If you install the developer tools it will give you a lot of documentation and some good example widgets. Another perk of installing the developer tools is it installs Core Image Fun House and Quarts Composer. Quarts Composer is what the RSS screen saver was made with, it is a really powerful program.

Check out this review of Tiger that ArsTechnica did, it discusses a the changes that happened under the hood of tiger. You might find it interesting.

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home