Through My Eyes

the thoughts and musings of Justin Thorp; the 21 year old college student...son...brother...child of God...friend...boyfriend...and internet geek


Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Birthday Weekend - Part 3: Indianapolis, IN

Sunday - June 12, 2005

Sunday morning I woke up around 7:30/8ish. Krista had to be at church around 9am. She is the head of the first impressions ministry at her church. That is the ministry that makes sure everything looks good to people that might not necessarily go to church will feel comfortable. It was pretty cool. It was funny because Krista was the one giving orders. She ran a tight ship.

Her church is pretty cool. Everyone seemed really nice. Her pastor talked about how we ask ourselves where the a line is that we can or can not cross in certain situations, what is a sin & not a sin? He said that is the wrong question to ask. The right question to ask is, how does it help you run? When we make lines for ourselves we see how close we can get to them.

After that, we grabbed some lunch. We went to go b-day present shopping for Alexandra, my girlfriend. I was a little nervous because I wanted what I got to be perfect. I liked having my sister there with me. I think her and Alex have similar styles. After an hour, I am really happy with what I found. I think she will love it.

We went back and hung out and my sister's apartment for a bit. After that we went out to Verizon Music Center to see Dave Matthews Band in Concert. It was already starting to rain a lil bit so we were a lil nervous. We got to the amphitheater and it just started raining more. We were going to stick it out though. We sat through just drenching rain and eventually the Dave Matthews Band came out. It was a fantastic concert. He sang some great great songs. The improvisational jams were incredible.

After the concert, the roads were so poorly layed out that it took 3 1/2 hours to get back to the express way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home